Top : Cheat Sheets
- A Cheat Sheet of Common HOMONYMS
- HOMONYMS are English words that sound alike but differ in meaning. Here is a complete list of common homonyms and their definitions.
- A Cheat Sheet of English Prefixes
- Prefixes and suffixes are the monosyllables or dissyllables which are added to a word either at the beginning (prefixes) or at the end (suffixes), and which alter radically the meaning of a word.
- A Cheat Sheet of English Prepositions
- The preposition serves as a link word to connect a noun or its equivalent with some other word in the sentence. In addition, prepositions indicate the relation between the substantive and the word to which the preposition links it.
- A Cheat Sheet of English Suffixes
- A letter, syllable, or word joined to the beginning of a word is called a prefix; a letter or syllable joined to the end is called a suffix.
- A Cheat Sheet of Word Choices
- Writers tend to use a lot of word varieties in their writing. Here is a list of common words and their substitutes to help you avoid wordy language.
- Cheat Sheet of MOST TROUBLESOME VERBS
- Some languages have four or five conjugations (sets of verb forms). English has just two, and they are very simple. All verbs that have come into the language within recent times (within four or five hundred years) add -d or -ed to a common form to indicate past time.
- Cheat Sheet of Possessive Nouns
- Do you frequently ask yourself, "Do I place an apostrophe 's' — or an 's' apostrophe — after this word?" We are going to teach you how to correctly use an apostrophe with the letter "s" at the end of a word.
- How to Make a Verb and Its Subject Agree in Number
- It is easy to make a verb agree in number with its subject. Common errors occur when a writer mistakes the wrong word for the subject, or because the writer analyzes the subject incorrectly. Here is a cheat sheet of common errors and their corrections.
- The Most Confusing Plural Words in English
- Is it cactus, cactuses, or cacti? Many foreign words in regular use form their plurals in the English way. Learn how to correctly use plural forms of popular English words. We also provide a complete table of confusing and troublesome plural words.
Top : Cheat Sheets